Come and attend our annual event, Feeding The Soul at our hermitage!
Our speakers this year will be Gary Crocker (Maine humorist), Jane Brox (author and speaker) and Sr. Elizabeth Wagner (hermitess). There will be live music, free refreshments, a farmers market, raffles and prizes to win. This is an ecumenical event and not restricted to any particular religion or faith. Come for afternoon fun and friendship. Free admission but any amount of donations would be much appreciated.
As you might have known, our FTS event posters are published in FB, transfigurationhermitage.org and several public places. They contained flowers and garden produces which will be on the event. There are three categories of the quiz:
1. Produce: Name as much garden produce as possible (right hand side of the poster)
2. Flowers: Name as many flowers as possible (left hand side of the poster)
3. Everything: Name as many flowers and as much garden produce as possible
1. Please include which category you are entering then your answer. One person can enter more than one category.
2. The winner on each category is the one who has the most correct answers. The winners will be announced during the event. If there are two or more people with the same number of correct answers, the winner is the one whose answer is the earliest submitted.
3. Please submit your answers by sending it to email@example.com on or before Friday, August 2nd 2019 5PM (EDT).
4. Prizes: Produce category: $25 gift card valid for our online shop or gift shop, Flower category: gift basket of hermitage products, Everything: 2 days retreat at St. Moira’s Guest House.
“It is good for us to be here” Mt. 17:4
Transfiguration Hermitage in Windsor is a monastic community following the Rule of St. Benedict. We are dedicated to a life of prayer for the needs of all people and outreach to anyone seeking spiritual growth. This Benedictine life of prayer and solitude revolves around times of daily prayer together in chapel and our solitary prayer in the silence of our hermitage. We offer witness and opportunities of spiritual growth to others through retreats, workshops, courses, and spiritual direction. Like rain which nurtures the earth, causing plants to grow and giving food to all, this life of prayer is an invisible spring, pouring forth the grace of God’s love to human hearts.
We support our hermitage by offering retreats and workshops, spiritual direction, and through the generosity of our friends and benefactors. We also produce finest quality fruitcakes, baked goods, and jams, which we sell by mail order, online, at the hermitage, and at local farmers’ markets. We also work at writing or at other tasks consonant with our monastic life.
Founded in 1997 in Thorndike, Maine, Transfiguration Hermitage is now located on a beautiful hill in Windsor, just east of Augusta, Maine’s capital city. With acres of rolling hills, woods, meadows, and blueberry fields, a lovely stream and gardens, the Hermitage grounds offer a relaxed, contemplative openness to the beauty of God’s creation.
We invite you to share in our life and in our spirit. There are many ways to Contact Us.
It is, indeed, good for all of us to be here.